Gänserndorf and WAT 21 are Austrian Champions
10 Jun 2012 at 18:27 | Published by: Hans | Views: 7407 | News search
Gänserndorf the new team Champions of Austria 2012 (Photo by Günter Würrer 2012)
When the Austrian Bundesliga played their final two days (day 5 and 6) on Friday-Saturday this weekend there was most thrilling in the ladies league. Before these two rounds the title defenders from BGC Rot Gold had the lead with 4 points and 3 strokes before the chasing team from home club Gänserndorf. But after the playing on Friday the home club was already ahead with same points but better strokes. The reason for this was that Linz was also beating Rot Gold on Friday so Gänserndorf could gain all 4 points that they were behind.
» Results Day 5
Then on Saturday there was not much of a battle, the home team from Gänserndorf could quite easily win the day and also celebrate the victory as Austrian Champions. In the team played this time Sandra Schwarz, Elisabeth Gruber, Bianca Utzig and Carina Utzig.
Second came the family Heschl dominated team from BGC Rot Gold and third with a good season came 3D MSC Linz with best player of the league this year Manuela Zojer in the lead.
End Table ladies:
1. SV OMV Gänserndorf 1646 28
2. BGC Union Rot Gold 1660 24
3. ASKÖ 3D MSC Linz Lissfeld 1678 20
4. MGC Innsbruck IGLS 1837 0
Best individual lady over the two days where:
1. Manuela Zojer, Linz, 22,0
2. Karin Heschl, Union Rot Gold, 22,5
3. Bianca Utzig, Gänserndorf, 22,5
4. Elisabeth Gruber, Gänserndorf, 22,6
5. Gabriella Danner, Linz, 24,1
In the men’s team category the WAT21 almost had secured the victory already before this round. And you could maybe notice that they didn’t need to go for full machine when they became 2 and 3rd over the two days to easily secure the gold by a margin of 11 points.
Best this weekend was the Steyer team, led by Philipp Albrechtsberger, with 18 out of 20 points and overall best average. Also home team of Gänserndorf played well and won the tight race on the last playing day with 2 strokes over Steyer with a brilliant 21,5 team average.
Steyer ended second in the league and Gänserndorf third. Also Wien had a good season ending 4th, but Bischofshofen had a terrible season ending in fifth place.
End Table men’s:
1. Wiener ASKÖ Team 21 (WAT21) 3102 53
2. ASKÖ MSC Steyr 3123 42
3. SV OMV Gänserndorf 3141 36
4. BGC Wien 3154 31
5. ASKÖ MGC Bischofshofen 3196 16
6. MGC ATUS Knittelfeld 3289 2
Best individual man over the two days where:
1. Philipp Albrechtsberger, Steyer, 20,2
2. Manfred Lindmayr, Wien, 20,4
3. Reinhard Schuster, Bischofshofen, 20,4
4. Gerd Nakowitsch, Gänserndorf, 21,0
5. Herbert Ziegler, Gänserndorf, 21,0
» Results Day 6
» Website of Austrian Bundesliga