Nations cup canceled in Predazzo Italy 2010
03 Dec 2009 at 10:03 | Published by: Hans | Views: 5942 | News search
Last night all member nations in EMF recived a mail from EMF Sport Director Reinhard Neitzke with the message that Nations Cup in Predazzo in May 2010 will be canceled and replaced by another tournament. We below publish Reinhards mail in its full.» EMF Website
I send as attachment the cancellation of Nations Cup general class 2010 Predazzo / Italy.
I give some short explanations about this situation. EMF itself had reflected, since 2008, about the possibility for organisers of EMF European Championships
to choose wether to organise a Nations Cup, or an international tournament or just no tournament at all (you also can read that in the minutes of EMF board meeting from May 2009).
Also Italian federation had already the consideration to give the Nations Cup back because of bad financial experiences from Seniors Nations Cup Predazzo 2008. This was the status quo
and it took at least until the end of October until the official cancellation was sended to me.
EMF accepted that, altough there was an existing contract. EMF negotiated with Italian federation already in front of cancellation to organise at least and as minimum a tournament.
And this is the status we have at the moment. Unfortunatly very late. But we thought it is better to wait until we can offer something concrete to our nations. Better than nothing.
I'm very sorry for late information but these are the reasons. We wanted to find an acceptable and good solution for interested national federations to take part at the international
tournament with their national teams. Unfortunately this took time. But now we have a clear statement of the organisers. This statement was given Sunday night 29th November 23:48 MEZ.
Three days more I've needed for last preparations and last consultations with Paolo Porta.
The Minigolf Club of Predazzo will offer at same weekend 22nd - 23rd May 2010 an international tournament. EMF has immediately reacted and today has appointed the following:
1. The tournament will be open maximum 120 players (60 players reserved just for National teams, 60 players free for individual players).
2. There will be a special "Nations Cup-team ranking" for the national federations.
3. This team ranking will be published inside an own national team score-list as international contest ((Nations Cup team ranking list (so no EMF member will loose goverment money
from possibly existing annual plans)).
4. Tournament will be played on both courses (miniaturegolf and concrete) 4 combi rounds (2 on Saturday, 2 on Sunday).
5. There will be a limit of maximum 60 places reserved for national federations (what means maximum 15 teams).
>>>just for your information participants at NC 2006 = 61 players, NC 2008 = 54 players in both competitions we did not have 15 teams.
5a. Maximum 2 teams per nation. If maximum of 15 teams is not reached organiser accepts a third team.
5b. First team will be automatically accepted. Second team will be accepted if the maximum of 15 teams is not reached according to the current World Elite Ranking list (see appendix of single World Ranking List).
6. National teams with 4 players (composition free what means just males, just females or mixed team male and female possible).
7. All National teams start on Saturday on miniaturegolf, Sunday on concrete. All individual players Saturday on concrete Sunday on miniaturegolf. So at least it's a tournament for national teams on
8. Single players registration is possible (as club players). They will be included the 60 "free" places.
9. Registration to Italian Federation firstname.lastname@example.org until 31st of March 2010. He will stay in permanent contact with me.
EMF hopes, that together with the organiser, FIGSP and Sport Director of WMF, we found a reasonable solution to compensate the cancellation of Nations Cup a little bit. Of course I know that this
situation is not 100% satisfing for everybody. I hope for your understanding.
If you have any questions please feel free to mail me. I will try to answer your requests as good and quick as possible.
But what I really must make clear at the end of this mail - EMF is not the organiser of this tournament!!!
This means that EMF cannot take any responsibility for this tournament!!! Like I wrote, we tried to do our best to find a reasonable solution.
With best regards
European Minigolfsport Federation