Gerlafingen and Effretikon in the lead in Swiss Team Championship
12 May 2010 at 22:52 | Published by: omaggi | Views: 5784 | News search
Last weekend the 2nd competition of the Team Swiss Championship where played on the concrete course in Romanshorn. This is the same course where the EC in 2003 took place.
This year is the 1st time the Swiss Team Championship will be played in 4 competition. The 1st one was in February on the miniature course in Olten Meierhof, the second in Romanshorn and the 3rd and the 4th will be played on the felt course in Gampel in June.
After the first round the leaders where MC Effretikon on the ladies and Neuendorf in the mens side.
This 2nd competition was won by MC Neuendorf in the ladies categorie and MC Olten in the man categorie.
In this weekends play for the ladies MC Neuendorf won 3 out of 4 rounds and the EC-Winner of the MC Effretikon won last. It was not the best weekend for MC Olten, in fact they just reached the 3rd place at the end.
Best woman in the tournament, was Yvonne Klukas of MC Neuendorf with an average of 29,5.
In the men categorie, MC Olten showed a postive reaction after a very bad 1st weekend and won 3 rounds of 4. After this weekends the Swiss Champions from 2008 and 2009 now splits first place with MC Eichholz Gerlafingen.
The best man, and also the best player of the competition, was Michel Rhyn (MC Olten) with an incredible 26,8 average.
The 3rd and 4th competition will be take place on the felt course in Gampel the 26 and 27 of June 2010.
Standing after 2 competitions:
1. MC Effretikon 49 points (625 strokes)
2. MC Neuendorf 46 points (639 strokes
3. MC Olten 41 points (637 strokes)
4. MC Grindel Kloten 24 points (687 strokes)
5. MC Willisau 0 points (762 strokes)
1. MC Eichholz Gerlafingen 91 points (1220 strokes)
2. MC Olten 91 points (1226 strokes)
3. MC Neuendorf 87 points (1225 strokes)
4. MC Grenchen 71 points (1253 strokes)
5. EC Bern Enge 50 points (1331 strokes)
6. MC Romanshorn 42 points (1363 strokes)
7. MC Mühlematt Dietikon 0 points (1532 strokes)
8. MC Amriswil 0 points (1532 strokes)