Jönsson and Karlsson are the new Swedish Champions
12 Jul 2013 at 23:20 | Published by: Hans | Views: 5928 | News search
Sara Karlsson and Patrik Jönsson are the new Swedish Champions (Photo by Hans Bergström 2013)
The Swedish Championships is this year only played on eternity in Gothenburg. The arranging club is Gullbergbro and the modus is somewhat new. This is the first time two champions will be saluted in the same championship much alike how it has been internationally for a few years now with stroke play and match play champions.
» Results strokeplay
The competitions were going to produce quite many surprise medallists and two clubs would be dominating the two first days. Most successful was probably Jönköping with tree gold’s and one silver. Not so far behind was Gullbergbro with two gold’s, and two silvers.
It started for Jönkoping won quite comfortable victory in three-man teams by Patrik Jönsson, Erik Gustafsson and John Widlert. This was followed by two rather surprising medals individually.
Most surprising was the winner in the men’s category Patrik Jönsson from Jönköping. Being the best player all categories and wining the tough men’s category by 5 strokes was a big surplice, but with his ice-cold performance he deserved the win in the end. His average of 21,3 showed that this course was a quite challenging course.
After a bumpy start to the final day with 18-27 the former Swedish Youth Head Coach, Erik Gustafsson also from Jönköping, get his game together and secure his silver medal. Gold and silver to Jönköping in the men's class thus. Third after the sudden death against Skönsbergs long spurting Johan Hagström (with best score of all during the final day at 82 strokes), was Tuves Henrik Arvidsson.
In the women's class was medal trio Sara Karlsson, Frida Elmdahl and Jenny Erlandsson was a more expected one. However, it was to be a challenge for the gold with all three girls until the end of the trails. In the end, first year senior Sara Karlsson won two strokes before Frida. Frida aced the last lane to win one before Jenny, who had to settle with two on the last lane.
All stroke play medallists
1. Patrik Jönsson, BGK Jönköping, 170
2. Erik Gustafsson, BGK Jönköping, 175
3. Henrik Arvidsson, Tuve Tigers BGK, 176
1. Sara Karlsson, Olofströms BGK, 179
2. Frida Elmdahl, Växjö BGK, 181
3. Jenny Erlandsson, BGK Laxen, 182
1. Derice Shumilov Susoho, Tantogårdens BGK, 171
2. Andreas Carlsson, Gullbergsbro BGK, 180
3. Lionel Nguyen, BGK Linjen, 182
1. Jasmin Hansson, Asarums BGK, 186
2. Elisabeth Brandt, BGK Linjen, 190
3. Marielle Svensson, Malmö BGK, 197
1. Göran Widlert, BGK Jönköping, 174
2. Jan Söderlind, Göteborg BGK, 180
3. Mats Olsson, Sjövikens, 180
1. Linda Lundberg, Gullbergsbro BGK, 171
2. Nora Fause, Gullbergsbro BGK, 175
2. Lena Nilsson, Sjövikens IF, 182
Tomorrow the match play winners will be awarded.
» Results Matchplay Saturday
» Photo Gallery